Finding a REALTOR® to Buy a Home
Before you choose a real estate agent, it’s important to do your homework on the real estate companies in your area.
- Search the Internet for local real estate companies.
- Review local publications for agent advertisements.
- Call each company to compare commission fees, marketing campaigns and yearly sales volume.
- Talk to your friends and neighbors. Nine times out of ten, someone you know has bought a home and can provide a credible recommendation to point you in the right direction.
When choosing a REALTOR®, do not be afraid to meet with many different agents. Remember, they are competing for your business. This competition is what makes the real estate industry successful. Feel free to ask them the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in this industry?
- What is your buying experience in my community?
- What professional certifications do you hold?
- What services will you provide for me as my agent?
- How will you represent me as a buyer?
- Can you provide all the information that I need about homes in the area that fit into my price range?
- What is the fee for your services?
- Can you provide all of the different scenarios with the sale of property I may purchase?
- Can you explain the paperwork that I will need to sign?
- What is my contracted timeframe for using you as my agent?
Once you have chosen an agent, it’s important to establish specific goals that you would like to meet. It is also very important to communicate with your REALTOR® and that they communicate with you.
Do you need help finding a REALTOR® in Washington or Oregon? Contact Coldwell Banker Bain. We are experts when it comes to finding your dream property!